Reductions in the carbon emissions that cause climate change are not the end point.
Green by Jane Hoffman Michael J Hoffman - AbeBooks
Recent data show drastic growth in solar power generation. More substantively, there are many energy policies mentioned throughout the monograph. And while this attention is helpful and necessary, the reader might come away with the assumption that these policies had a history of technocratic formulation and effective implementation.
- Twelfth Night: Language and Writing!
- All Sturm and no Drang. Beckett and Romanticism. Beckett at Reading 2006.;
- BUY THE BOOK?
- The green energy revolution is now unstoppable.
Greater attention to the politics of electricity in China — both elite and ground-level — might at least change the texture of the analysis. Or put another way, the book is focused on energy, but has less to say about power. At the central level, it could have illuminated the history of protracted bargaining and conflicts around electricity sector reform, about which I would have expected to read more.
- Frommers Barcelona (Frommers Complete).
- That They Be One: The Social Teaching of the Papal Encyclicals 1740-1989!
- The God Particle: If the Universe Is the Answer, What Is the Question?.
- Draculas, Vampires, and Other Undead Forms: Essays on Gender, Race, and Culture.
- Book review: China’s Renewable Energy Revolution.
- Nutrient Uptake and Cycling in Forest Ecosystems: Proceedings of the CEC/IUFRO Symposium Nutrient Uptake and Cycling in Forest Ecosystems Halmstad, Sweden, June, 7–10, 1993.
- Global Economy Contested: Finance, Production, Development and Labour (Rethinking Globalizations).
At the local level, there are many more questions one might ask: how will provincial-level officials in coal counties adjust to a slowing, innovation-based economy, if this means reskilling an enormous workforce, or dealing with the social consequences of mass unemployment? How do local people feel about huge, land-based renewable-energy installations that generate electricity for faraway cities, and revenue for utilities, but little in terms of local jobs?
Join Kobo & start eReading today
NGOs and socially minded first-adopters of solar PV have driven the implementation of the feed-in tariff, often despite resistance from local grids. However, the obstacle here again — in the US or UK today, much as it would have been in 16 th century Italy — is less the lack of smart policies, than it is the politics.
- Story of change.
- Environmental News Network - Book Review: GREEN, Your Place in the New Energy Revolution.
- Copper: Driving the Green Energy Revolution.
Green will illustrate and shed new light on the gamut of issues associated with renewable energy, a topic whose importance increases exponentially with every temperature record-setting year. Jane and Michael Hoffman use their years of experience to explain the technological and economic future of this ecologically significant issue.
They incisively explain its politics: what countries are doing right now and, most importantly, what the U. Green will cut through the hype and polemics surrounding ecologically friendly technologies and present the unvarnished truth.
It will guide the reader through the misinformation and confusion over global warming, and demonstrate the degree to which renewable energy can be part of the solution. This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
edumacoltd.com/images/map9.php Upload Sign In Join. Home Books Politics. Save For Later. Create a List.